Dear Concerned American,
If you think everything in America is just fine…
And the people “behind the curtain” of our financial system care about you and your money…
This might not be for you.
But if instead you feel like we do – like you’re never really getting the full story from the mainstream media…
And we did something about it.
We believe when it comes to your retirement… your money… and your financial safety in the coming years…
You deserve better.
That’s why we started American Consequences – a new, online magazine about what’s really happening in American finance… and what’s about to happen next.
Editor in Chief P.J. O’Rourke doesn’t take sides… Instead, over the years he’s found that making fun of things is an excellent way to understand them. The absurd is the absurd whether you find it on the left, on the right, or in the middle.
Each issue of American Consequences focuses on one of the world’s biggest absurdities…
- Like the incredible market-distorting power of the Federal Reserve… and the nonsense of central banking around the world.
- A strange mutation to capitalism that over the past 30 years has turned the nation’s biggest companies from understandable businesses into something unrecognizable.
- Or the Mystery of Government… that monster of power and expense – with tentacles that threaten to strangle us all.
Each month, we’ll show you…
- What really mattered to the market… what you should care about… and what you can safely ignore.
- A few investable opportunities with the potential to beat the market.
- The so-called “sure things” that you should stay far, far away from.
- A no-B.S. look at what’s really happening in American finance.
- And how to protect your portfolio from coming disasters.
American Consequences is 100% free. There’s no subscription fee… no “paywall”… nothing.
Simply sign up and get it delivered to your inbox each month.
Here’s what readers have been saying about the magazine…
Thanks for screwing up my month. I just read the “Inside This Issue” and now I have to read the whole damn magazine. I really don’t have time for this. Great list of topics. I’ll have to install a tablet in the john to have any hope at all of getting through them all. – Carl
I hate you! The last thing I need in my life now is a new obsession. Well guess what American Consequences is becoming? – Tracy
The best news/opinion info on the web! Dead on. This praise is from me a 66-year-old who has read and enjoyed Mr. O’Rourke over the years in his many roles. The only web publication I read from start to finish. You’ve assembled an amazing knowledgeable informative group. – Bob
As one born a leading-edge baby boomer (1944), I am profoundly grateful for your gift of American Consequences. You’ve provided me the opportunity to die of laughter. – Leilani
Our Editor in Chief P.J. O’Rourke…
American Consequences is edited by P.J. O’Rourke, author of 19 books including Eat The Rich and How the Hell Did This Happen: The Election of 2016.
P.J. cut his teeth as an editor-in-chief of the National Lampoon and a foreign affairs correspondent for Rolling Stone.
He’s since written for The Weekly Standard… The Atlantic…and many other magazines.
- The Washington Times said he “takes no prisoners.”
- The Telegraph called him a “hellraiser” known for “his trademark merciless skewering of liberal niceties and political correctness at every turn.”
- The Guardian called him “a Republican answer to Hunter S. Thompson.”
- And the Chicago Tribune said he “Writes like your average ruthless assassin [and] takes great pride in being an equal opportunity offender.”
P.J. is the H. L. Mencken fellow at the Cato Institute, a member of the editorial board of World Affairs and a regular panelist on NPR’s Wait… Wait… Don’t Tell Me.
He lives with his family in rural New England, as far away from the things he writes about as he can get.